Sunday, April 19, 2009

before bed...

as my 2nd semester [or first year, really] at ODU slowly nears its end, i've been thinking more and more about the future. what it really holds. idk...i mean, everything at home has been looking up lately. surprisingly, everything's all good here. my father has obtained a new job. court security in the city of portsmouth, working w/ capt. goumines. he'll be making more, and have to work less. [boy, that sounds familiar...=/ ] he bought a new [sorta] car from the owner of Regino's, and it runs wonderfully. very few miles on it, and it's been well taken care of. but i'm glad he got the new job. he's been entirely sober since i returned. hasnt broken it. and im actually kind of proud of him. im sure to let him know that every other day, so that he keeps up this good habit. im just not sure of why he didnt quit when my sister moved out 4 years ago. [??] speaking of her, she's taking care of her diabetes again. yesterday, her reading was 328. a dangerously high reading. she finally took her insulin after three years and woke up this morning with a normal reading of 120. im proud of her too. she needs to take care of herself. diabetes, much like any other disease, is serious and if not taken care of properly, can limit one's life. which i would not want to see.

as for me...im content with where i am, for the most part. i'm 18, and have the freedom to do as i please. i havent had to, nor will i, "ask" my dad's permission to do anything. sunil picked me up today & we chilled for a while [yes, i know - it's surprising], and all i had to say was "i'm going out, i'll be back later." he gave me $20 before i left; no calls while i was out or anything. however, i'd be even more content with my life if someone/something was the same as it was oh, say...back in december. my feelings will never change. my goals and aspirations will always be what they've been for the past few years, and i will achieve them both. [not sure if you/y'all know what my second goal is, but it's okay...you'll know in time.] besides that, im stoked about the MS bike ride coming up. a bit apprehensive of the training involved for me to complete 150 miles on a bike, however...i will do it. there's no "i think i can," it's "I WILL." i was ecstatic the other day when i had my appointment with my new advisors at ODU. my major is Therapeutic Recreation and my new advisor is great. she's excited to know what field i will be going into. one of her friends has MS. [just keeps entering my life...] i know what i want to do with my life, and ODU is my starting ground. every day that i am on the campus, i think of the two most wonderful people that have been my inspiration for so many years...and how they've actually set foot on the campus to take classes as well. idk...im weird like that, but it does mean something. i guess you'd just have to be me to get it.

okay...im off to bed. just finished my metacognition letter for english and have the house to myself. primetime for perfect sleeping while listening to the raindrops pitter-pattering upon my windowsil. [oh, i finally got the song i was working on down-pat. it's awesome. now, as for the singing while playing part...ha, that'll take a while.] ;)

good-night & God bless.
<3-kel

No comments:

Post a Comment